The Trust are now signed up to Dell Advantage Student, which allows staff and students to get exclusive discounts of up to 20%.
Below is a small summary of how the programme works for students.
STUDENTS: Dell Advantage Student for Schools & Colleges (DAS) works like this:
- DAS is a free programme that offers genuine savings to your students – up to 20% off.
- They will follow the link below and enter their unique passcode to receive all voucher codes via an email
- The voucher code is then entered at the point of purchase and the student/parent/guardian will be able to choose the option of monthly payments, through PayPal. They will automatically get one year’s free warranty
- The student/parent/guardian will own the product that they buy, so the school does not have any ties
- Your passcode for all students at your schools is: 9VYBAY
- Please use the following link:
As a Catholic school, our faith is central to everything that takes place at St Winefride’s. The Catholic life of our school is rich in opportunities for children to encounter God and to deepen their relationship with Him as a loving, compassionate Father.
We live by our school Mission Statement:
We pray We live We play We learn
Prayer, worship and liturgical celebration are at the heart of each school day. Children are able to take part in prayer in a variety of forms: whole school prayer, group prayer, and private individual prayer which can take place at our Prayer Point.
The school day is punctuated by our school prayers:
GRACE BEFORE MEALS
GRACE AFTER MEALS
END OF DAY PRAYER KS1
END OF DAY PRAYER KS2
Daily acts of worship are celebrated within school. These take the form of whole school, key stage and class acts of worship. All acts of worship follow the same structure:
- We gather together using music, actions or prayers.
- We listen to Scripture, readings and/or poems.
- We respond to the Word we have heard through actions, words or prayers.
- We go out, reflecting on the Scripture and how we can live this out through our words and actions.
Here is a timetable of collective worship at St Winefride’s and some photographs of children enjoying their assemblies and liturgies.
To see other photographs of our Collective Worship, please visit the ‘RE at St Winefride’s’ section of our website.
At St Winefride’s we have strong links with our Parish community. We are very lucky to have the church close to our school grounds. Father Michael is a regular visitor in school and he spends time with one class each week, talking to them about Scripture and giving them time to ask their ‘wonder’ questions. We celebrate at Church at various times during the year, including for Harvest and for our Christmas Carol Service. Other Masses and assemblies are celebrated with Father Michael, at school.
First Holy Communion and Reconciliation Preparation
Sacramental preparation for Reconciliation and Holy Communion takes place when the children are in Year 3 and is led by members of the Parish and takes place out of school time. Children work on their preparations throughout the year and take their First Holy Communion during June. We will share information with you about this when your child begins Year 3.
At St Winefride’s, we follow the Come and See Catholic programme of study in R.E. under the guidance of the Nottingham Diocesan Catholic Education Service. Religious Education is at the centre of our curriculum and runs through all our learning. 10% RE curriculum time is allocated across all key stages. Our aim at school is to develop the children’s religious literacy, knowledge and understanding of their faith.
Throughout the year, we also learn about two other faiths: we learn about the Jewish faith during the Advent Term, and we learn about another world religion such as Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism, during the Lent Term.
Take a look at our curriculum overview and the ‘Big Questions’ we ask children in each topic.
RE YEAR OVERVIEW 2019-2020
COME AND SEE OVERVIEW ST WINEFRIDES